24 July 2015

My first stepper card

Hello!

The Trimcraft website (www.trimcraft.co.uk) gives me a lot of inspiration to try new techniques and I love looking at what other people are making! Trimcraft's July card of the month is a stepper card. It has a template as well :-)

I used the template to modify a 5x5 card instead of starting with an A4 sheet to save time.

After colouring in the border with chalk ink I used the Dovecraft Bohemian paper pad to fussy cut some flowers from the pad and mount them on the card with sticky fixers and silicone glue to give added dimension. 

I stamped a sentiment from the co-ordinating Bohemian range and assembled my card.

Finally, I added double sided tape to the edge and stuck sequins along it.

This was the result:


You can see the layers better here:



And a final close up so you can see the glitter glue I applied to the flower centres.


The products I used:

Dovecraft Essentials card and envelopes
Dovecraft Bohemian 12x12 paper pad
Dovecraft Bohemian sequins
Dovecraft Bohemian stamps
Dovecraft glitter glue in crystal
Versamagic chalk ink in aquatic splash

Thank you for looking!

1 comment:

  1. I do love the Bohemian range, the florals are so pretty and you have created a lovely card to show them off. I also like to use glitter glue too and the Dovecraft 'Crystal' is the one I use the most, you have used it to great effect here :) x

    ReplyDelete