06 January 2017

January Elemental Inspiration - Daring Cardmakers Challenge

Happy Friday!
The first Daring Cardmakers Challenge every month is an Elemental challenge in which you have to pick 3 elements from a picture. This is the photo we had to choose elements from:


So, the elements I chose for my card were the heart, the wood grain background and 3 of the colours to make this:


I'm still making baby cards and gifts for friends and family. This is one I made for my cousin who had first baby, a beautiful baby girl.  I'm on a stash busting mission as well so used scraps of paper that I cut to size and added Kanban toppers from a sheet as well as some rub ons for the sentiments.  I quite like baby cards in non traditional colours, don't you?

You can find lots more inspiration for the challenge here.

Enjoy your weekend,
Shabneez

Products Used:
Sizzix Dies
Kanban Topper Sheet
Everything else from my stash

15 comments:

  1. Hi this is a gorgeous card I love the design there is such a cute bunny too. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the non traditional baby colours look fab here, great take on the inspiration pic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, great design and colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card Shabneez! Makes a lovely change from the usual baby pink or blue. I'' sure your cousin was delighted with it ;-)
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A delightful card Shabneez, great layout. I love the papers and colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a super card Shabneez. Have you used wood-effect paper, or is that a thin wood veneer, its lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They all work together so well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, Fab layout and colours. Tinaxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your choice of elements from the photo, what a fab card x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love this Shabneez. The colours are fabulous and so much brilliant detail. Have a lovely week. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a beautiful and very cute card. It's amazing how a splash of yellow can change a colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous layout and I also love the pops of yellow.

    ReplyDelete